Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What I Wore: Inspiration

Another week, another what I wore update. Both of these outfits were inspired by some outside source.

This first outfit, my inspiration came from the show Mirror, Mirror on the Live Well Network. (This is my favorite station! If you've never tuned in, I highly recommend you do!) The segment showed how you can wear your maxi dresses in the colder months by adding layers, which is what I've done here: 


Maxi dress: thrifted from Plato's Closet
Tank: Old Navy
Denim Jacket: Old Navy
Scarf: Old Navy
Boots: Just Fab (I'm not sure about boots with this outfit; I have worn it with flats in the past and I think I like that style better)

This inspiration was probably from Pinterest, or other blogs. I've seen others wear a chambray shirt in a more work-friendly way, but I've only ever worn it casually. With the right pants, a cardigan, and some jewelry, I think I've pulled it off! (I also apologize for looking so tired in this picture- this was taken before my morning coffee... And I'm not sure why my cardigan looks so wrinkled either...)


Pants: The Limited
Chambray: Old Navy
Cardigan: Banana Republic outlet
Shoes: Target
Jewelry: Etsy (from my wedding!)





pleated poppy

4 comments:

  1. The pattern of your maxi-dress turned skirt is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've realized I tend to shy away from patterns in my wardrobe, but I really like this one!

      Delete
  2. I really like the maxi dress outfit! I have a similar maxi skirt that I wear in the summer; I think I need to try it like this for the fall! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely saves money by extending your wardrobe for all seasons!

      Delete