Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I Wore: Week 1

Here are a few of the outfits I've been wearing this first week in January. It's been super cold here in MN! (like -30 wind chill...) So I've been trying to work with more layers. But it was warm enough I got a couple pictures outside. And by warm enough, I mean it wasn't cold enough I'd get frostbite in 5 minutes...

1. Honestly, I'm not sure when I wore this outfit. New Years Day maybe for running errands? Not sure how I like the collared shirt with the scarf, but oh well. You live and learn.

 

I love Zoe in these next pictures! Whenever we take pictures outside, she goes crazy running around the yard! :)



Jeans: Gap
Chambray: Old Navy
Scarf: Gift
Boots: Gift from hubby when we were engaged :)
Belt: Off another pair of pants

2. I haven't worn a skirt and tights in the winter in a long time, so I decided to wear it on a warmish day before the deep freeze. All day, though, the skirt was riding funny and doing weird things, but maybe it was just clinging to the tights? I don't know.



Skirt: The Loft
Shirt: The Limited
Sweater: Old Navy
Scarf: Gift
Tights: Probably Target
Shoes: Hand-Me-Downs
Earrings: The Limited

3. I talked a little bit here about my quest to find a black vest for winter. But seriously, I guess everyone else had the same idea, because EVERY store was sold out in my size or in the color black! I didn't want to settle on something I only kind of liked and I wanted to get an investment piece (I've already worn it every day since I got it and I know I'll probably wear the heck out of it this winter!), so I finally found this beauty at REI. Even though it isn't down, it keeps me SUPER warm! and it has a nice blue color on the inside. AND it packs conveniently up into a tiny, built-in pocket! I think I got my money's worth for this one. (As you can see, too, Zoe wanted to be featured on my blog! I know I posted a lot of pictures, but she is seriously too funny in all of them not to!)





Jeans: Gap
Shirt: Banana Republic (I do miss the 50% employee discount!)
Boots: Just Fab
Vest: REI
Necklace: Target




pleated poppy

7 comments:

  1. The scarf with the skirt is so pretty!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore both pairs of boots - and your adorable pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks absolutely freezing there! Looking stylish and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen! Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to spring already!

      Delete
  4. the fur boats in the top pic are cool and I really like the bottom outfit, It looks very comfortable.

    ReplyDelete