Monday, February 23, 2015

February Ipsy Bag

I've been getting the Ipsy glam bags for a few months now. They are $10 a month and you get a cute makeup bag with 5 products to try- sometimes they are full-size and sometimes they are travel-size. Here's what I got for February in this cute pink, diamond print bag:


1. Luxie Beauty: Large Angled Face Brush 504
I always love getting brushes in my bag! This one is a pretty pink color and very soft. I've been using it for my blush and puts the product on with great coverage! Definitely a winner :)

2. ModelCo: Blush Cheek Powder in Cosmopolitan 01
At first, I thought this color might be too light for my skin tone, but it gives a pretty glow, especially against my white winter skin :) I didn't need too much of the product to get the color I was looking for, and I was needing a new blush anyway so that's a win!

3. Cargo Cosmetics: Mini Lip Gloss in Anguilla
I'm not really a lip gloss or lipstick girl. I much prefer balms or chapstick or something. This shade of pink was way to light for my skin tone, so I'll probably end up giving this away.

4. 'Tini Beauty: Rob Scheppy for 'Tini Beauty Eyeshadow in Pearl Fizz
I am all about the neutral colors for eye shadow. This shadow is a pretty, neutral shade and works well as a base for layering darker colors on top of. The size also makes it perfect for throwing in a makeup bag or bringing when you travel.

5. Hey Honey: Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask
I have never used a peel off mask before, but I've heard good things about it and was excited to try it. I put it on my face, let it dry for awhile, then attempted to peel it off. Um, let me tell you that thing was a b**** to take off... I'm not sure if I didn't use enough or what, but I could only get tiny bits to peel off at a time and just took forever. I finally got frustrated and washed the rest off. I think next time I try it, I may try using more on my face? Does anyone have recommendations for these peel off masks? At least it left my face super soft and smooth, so that's a plus!

If any of you are interested in joining the fun and get beauty products sent to your mailbox, you can sign up here!


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your brush! The eyeshadow and lip gloss sound great too! I was a little disappointed with my bag this month.

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they can be hit or miss sometimes. I guess I got pretty lucky this month!

      Delete
  3. This made me laugh! I was reading about the face mask situation. I've never tried a peel off mask for the same reason! Something seems off about a peel off mask. That eyeshadow looks pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah it was pretty much like peeling off a sunburn. I think I'll stick to the rinse off face masks :)

      Delete
  4. I love the pink theme of this month's goodies!

    xo, Michelle Paige
    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is so fun and uplifting!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of this bag. The eyeshadow does look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so fun to get a pretty package of cosmetics in the mail every month :)

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about the Ipsy glam bag I really think I need to try it out!! Wow you got so many amazing items here!
    Marta
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out! I think it's worth it and it's always fun to get mail :)

      Delete