Easy Crock Pot Recipe & Christmas Countdown #10

Hello Friends! I'm back after a long weekend :) It was nice and relaxing to be off for 3 days. We went to the Mall of America yesterday, and Monday mornings definitely are the time to go! No crowds!

Well, today I have the easiest recipe for you! Like it's seriously dumping a bunch of things in the crock pot, leaving it for a few hours, and dinner is done! Even if you're not a good cook, you can't screw this up :)

Ingredients

  • Chicken breasts (or whatever type you prefer- there were 3 in my package)
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 jar salsa
  • 1 package taco seasoning


1. Put all ingredients, except for the chicken, into the crock pot. Mix together, then add chicken. Make sure the chicken is kind of nestled into the mixture.

2. Turn your crock pot on low and leave it alone! Mine ended up being on for 10ish hours, which was a little too long. I'd say 7-8 would be perfect.

3. Once the chicken is done, shred in the pot, stir together, and continue cooking for up to 30 minutes more.

4. Serve over rice with cheese, avocado, sour cream, or whatever else you like!


See, easy!! You literally can't screw this up :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, on to day #10 of my Christmas Countdown! If you'd like to catch up, you can do so here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.



This weekend we watched "A Christmas Story." A classic, set in the 40's, telling the story of Ralphie, who just wants an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle for Christmas! (But he'll shoot his eye out) I have seen this movie hundreds of times before, but I feel like I find new details every time!

From Randy not being able to put his arms down, Flick sticking his tongue to a pole, Scut Farkus, Oh fudge, and Jingre Berrs, this is a movie the whole family will love! (This was supposed to be my parent's first date, but they arrived too late so they had to see something else!)

Also, don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin or Google plus to see more of my weekly recipes!




Comments

  1. Your crockpot recipe looks so easy and delicious! Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love easy recipes like this! My whole family would go crazy for it!! Pinning now....thanks so much for sharing at Saturday Night Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this today and after 7 hours on low it came put very dry. I think next time I will add a cup of water maybe more. The flavor was just so strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry this didn't work out for you. I know my crock pot is definitely touchy when it comes to chicken recipes- sometimes they come out too dry and sometimes they take forever to cook all the way through. Adding the water would definitely help with the dryness and help to dilute the flavor a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts