What's Up Wednesday

 


Happy Wednesday! Can you believe we are at the end of the month already?? I thought I'd join up with Sheaffer and Shay today to share a little of what's been going on in our world! I hope you enjoy!

What We're Eating This Week


I'm excited that the cooler weather is here (although this week it's back into the 80's...) so we can do more soups, chilis, and comfort meals! Although this meal wouldn't necessarily count towards those categories, tonight I'm going to make a favorite of ours- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet. It is so good (and healthy!) and only takes one pan to make! Perfect week-night meal!

What I'm Reminiscing About


I started a new Travel Tuesday series looking back on our 2018 trip to Disneyland! That was one of my favorite trips to date and it's been so fun looking back on those memories :) If you missed that post, you can find it here! I hope you enjoy the look back too! 

What I'm Loving

I've been loving the cooler weather and being able to have the windows open in our house (and our bank account will love next month's electric bill because of it 😂)

What We've Been Up To

My son started Kindergarten this month, so basically we've all been learning to adjust to our new routines- earlier wake up, earlier to bed, making another lunch for the next day, etc. But he is loving it so far! It's so fun to hear him talking about what he learns in the day and see what little projects he brings home with him :) I don't work on Fridays, so it's also been fun to have some one-on-one time with my daughter when my son is at school! 

What I'm Dreading

My daughter is coming off a cold and has slept just terribly the past few weeks. She ends up in our bed most nights and we don't get the greatest sleep. So bedtime, I suppose, has been something I've been dreading lately. Oh well, they're only little once and someday I'm sure I'll wish for these days back!

What I'm Working On

My hubby has been working hard on adding some extra storage to our mudroom! We put in an Ikea storage unit a few years back, but everything multiplies with kids and we needed some more options. I'm excited to have things put away and not in a pile on the floor anymore :)

What I'm Excited About

Lord willing, we have a Disney World trip coming up in a few months and I've been excitingly planning all our outfits lately :) I'm not doing matching shirts per say, but more coordinating (although I got matching shirts for my daughter and I for our Animal Kingdom day!) and I've been having fun seeing what we have, ordering a few things off of Etsy and putting it all together! I plan on blogging that trip once it happens, so make sure you're following my blog to see all the fun outfits!

What I'm Watching/Reading


My husband and I love watching train-wreck documentaries, so I decided to watch the LuLaRoe documentary on Amazon Prime. It did not disappoint! It was eye-opening, surprising, hilarious... Definitely makes me feel bad for the women who lost so much money on this business, but shows you can't be too careful what kind of companies you invest your time and money into. 

What I'm Listening To


I have never actually read the Bible all the way through before, but this year I've been consistently listening to the Bible In A Year app each morning as I get ready for the day and it's been such a good thing for my soul to start the day with the Word of God! Father Mike is great to listen to and he's in the northern part of my state which is pretty cool too!

What I'm Wearing


My style is definitely different and simpler than in my fashion blogging days :) I am excited that the weather is cooling down so I can cozy up in sweatshirts and sweaters again! I've also lost enough weight that I can wear these jeans I bought last year from Amazon. They are amazing! They are perfect for "mom" bodies and hold in your tummy perfectly :) They are also super inexpensive (just about $30 and they go on sale quite frequently). I'm 5'5" and purchased the 32" inseam and they work great! I'm waiting for another sale to get another color too :)

What I'm Doing This Weekend

My hubby works every other weekend, so this is a weekend just me and the kiddos; but one of my sweet nieces is getting Baptized this weekend! My dad is actually a Catholic Deacon and he gets to perform the Baptism! He Baptized both of my kids as well as married both me and my sister, so it's super special that the tradition gets to continue :)

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month

We have a couple of weekend getaways planned for October that I'm really looking forward too! One of them we are going to meet our other sweet, new niece which we are all pretty excited about :) (If you missed this post, both my sister and sister-in-law had baby girls a week apart!) The other trip I will hopefully blog about in a future Travel Tuesday post, so if you like vacation recaps make sure you follow along!



Comments

  1. Hooray for fall temps and comfort food! The best! I watched the LuLa documentary too. Those kinda docs totally draw me in - heartbreaking for some of those people, a good cautionary tale for all, and hilarious at points too! It's been such a big month for your family! It's so great that your son is enjoying kindergarten and awesome that you enjoy that sweet one on one time with your girl on Fridays too! I hope she feels much better soon! That's the perfect way to look at it. I've often thought about that too over the years. Whatever the circumstances and however trying it may be (sleepless nights are definitely trying!) these days in every stage that our kiddos go and grow through are fast and fleeting! Someday we'll look back and miss it all. When I see cute old home videos I miss my girls' little days, but then think that's all the more reason to soak up this season as well, because someday they'll move out and these will be the "good ol' days" too. <3 Excited for you and your October travels! Looking forward to the trip that will bring you near us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really trying to take more home movies to capture these memories! My dad was so good at doing it (and so was my grandpa!) and it was always so fun to look back at them :) That's a good way to look at it too- we are always in the good ol' days for some time in the future so we need to make the most of it! Yay I'm so excited to be coming down in a couple weeks! :)

      Delete
  2. PS: I can't resist adding a YAY for your upcoming Disney trip too!! (I always seem to want to comment on everything, then get too rambly to remember all that I wanted to say - lol!) Happy outfit planning! I love that part of Disney trip prep too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm belatedly catching up on my What's Up Wednesday posts. I love reminiscing about travel so your Travel Tuesdays sound fun! I also love having the windows open and getting fresh air in the house. And that's so cool about your dad and his involvement in all your faith services.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts