Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 2

Hello friends! Welcome back to Travel Tuesday and my recap of our 2018 trip to Disneyland! If you missed the post from Day One, you can find it here:

Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 1

Monday, November 5, 2018

This day was our first park day! We originally got 4-day single-park passes and decided to start our trip at Disneyland Park. I believe the park opened at 9:00 am this day, so we didn't have to get up quite so early to get ready. It was also only a 10 minute walk to the main gate from our hotel, which was very nice for getting ready in the morning! We had brought protein/breakfast bars with us, so we just ate those as we got ready too.


We got in the mood with some fun filters ;)


One of the cutest Mickeys I've ever seen :)


And the other cutest :)

If I remember correctly, we got through security and in line about 45 minutes early and we were pretty close to the front of the line.


We were so excited for the fun to begin!

They opened the gates and let everyone on Main Street around 8:30 am. Pluto was doing a meet and greet right inside the park, so we decided to get in line. My son was not happy about this at all! He was very nervous and scared and didn't want to have anything to do with meeting characters. Not the greatest start to our trip, but definitely memories we still talk about!

Even though Christmas didn't "officially" start at the parks until Friday of that week, Main Street was all decked out in Christmas decorations and they were even playing Christmas music! I was so excited!! I think my voice went up a few octaves and got all squeaky as I was gushing over this to my husband ;)

We have used the site Touring Plans so far for each of our Disney trips, and that helps us optimize our day so we wait in line the least amount of time. I definitely recommend this site, especially if it's your first time going, or just want to cram in everything you possibly can!

Our first ride of the day was Autopia, and I think we were the second people in line! My son was super excited because he and my husband passed under the monorail and it honked at him :) 


Astro Orbiter was next for my son and I (hubby decided to sit that one out).



Next, we took a little "break"- I went over to the Main Street Bakery to get myself a Starbucks and we went over the the Tarzan Tree House to explore a little.


Then we went over to Toon Town, which was just the cutest! We went to Mickey's house to meet him (which was a similar experience to meeting Pluto...), but things were redeemed and he LOVED Gadget's Go Coaster! He went on it a few times during our trip :) He also loved playing around on some of the other play areas in the land.



I was excited because Sorcerer Mickey is my favorite Mickey :)

After exploring Toontown, we decided to have lunch at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Café. It was so delicious! I had tomato soup with grilled cheese and we shared a Raspberry Rose Mickey Macaron. 





Unfortunately by this time, I was starting to get a pretty mad migraine. The pillows at the hotel were horrible for my head/neck and I woke up a few days this week with a migraine :( I ended up having to ball up my coat and sleep on that instead. So I was ready to go back to the hotel to take a nap, but we decided to take a train ride around the park first, which my son loved too :)


His happy faces throughout the trip definitely were worth it!


Then it was back to the hotel for a good nap for all 3 of us (and some migraine medicine). Thankfully the medicine worked and we went back to the parks around 4:00.


Hubby got this awesome hat as a souvenir earlier in the day! It was super easy to spot him the rest of the trip :)


😂 Oh man, this is one of my FAVORITE pictures from the entire trip! My son's face is HILARIOUS!! 

We got some Dole Whip and went to see the Tiki Room, which is one of our favorites. 

Then we had a 5:00 pm reservation at the Blue Bayou for dinner! I was so excited to be able to eat here, because we had heard and seen wonderful things about it! The ambiance was incredible and the food was amazing too! I don't remember what we got for dinner, but to drink I got the non-alcoholic Louisiana Lemonade that came with a souvenir glow cube which was really fun :) We also told the restaurant that we were celebrating my son's birthday, which was just a few weeks away, and they brought us a complementary dessert! He was most excited about the Mickey sprinkles ;)



The restaurant overlooks the start of the Pirates ride which was really cool!


Glow cube!!



Haha this is another of my favorite trip pictures :) He was so excited that the sprinkles were little Mickeys!

After dinner, I honestly have no idea what we did! I know my husband tried to go on the Indiana Jones ride, but it broke down as he was waiting in the queue. I think we road Pirates after dinner and we may have ridden Jungle Cruise on this night too. We hardly took any pictures after dinner, so it's hard to remember exactly what happened. I know we didn't stay until park closing, which was 9:00 pm, so we went back to the hotel to rest and get ready for our second day at California Adventures. I will recap that day in the next Travel Tuesday post, so make sure you are following along for more fun!


So happy after a full day of fun!

Comments

Popular Posts