What's Up Wednesday: October

Hi friends! Well, I've definitely fallen off the wagon when it comes to blogging consistently. Life just keeps us busy! So I thought it would be fun to link up with Shay and Sheaffer to update on what our lives have been like lately :) 

WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK

I'm trying to catch up from a trip we went on last weekend, so easy is the name of the game this week! I made taco bowls the other day (basically just taco meat, rice, beans, corn, etc.), I'm planning breakfast for dinner another night, and maybe pulling out a freezer meal we have stashed away. Easy, and trying to get back on track with healthy eating after some indulgence :)

WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT



My son had his Fall break last week and we took a long weekend trip down to Omaha. Surprisingly, it was our first trip just the 4 of us (we have traveled with extended family, but not just our nuclear family) and we had a great time! It is stressful traveling with young children, but we will take it so we can explore the marvels of God's creations with our children. I will be blogging about it eventually on a future Travel Tuesday post, but in the meantime, I've been blogging about our 2018 trip to Disneyland, so make sure you check that out!

WHAT I’M LOVING

I've been loving being able to use all of our suitcases and travel gear again! Haha :) I've had this suitcase for a few years now, but I absolutely love the eBags Mother Lode 29" Checked Rolling Duffel.

 

It fits everything you could need- there are so many storage compartments in this thing. l also love how it stands up without falling over. I recently got the Mother Lode travel backpack too, and those two suitcases were perfect for our weekend trip. I have my eye on the Jr. Travel Backpack too, just as a better sized carryon. Hopefully they will have a good Black Friday sale so I can snag one of those too! What can I say, I'm a sucker for suitcases and travel gear haha! 

WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO

With 2 kids, aging pets, aging cars, etc. I feel like our calendar is just appointment after appointment! But even though life is busy, I am living the life that I once prayed for, so I wouldn't have it any other way!

WHAT I’M DREADING

Thankfully nothing right now!

WHAT I’M WORKING ON

I am still working out plans for our upcoming Disney World trip! I need to decide on what restaurants we want to eat at so I can make our dining reservations coming up in a little bit. I know flexibility is going to be the name of the game for this trip with 2 kids and the way things are in the world. I am really hoping, though, to be able to get a reservation for a dessert party as an early celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary next spring! We will see how things go :)

WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT

I'm always excited about the Christmas season! We've started purchasing gifts already and I'm very excited to see my kids' reactions to what we got for them 😊

WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING

I really need to get back into reading... too much of my time gets sucked into YouTube 😶

WHAT I’M LISTENING TO

I am patiently waiting for my requested book on the Libby app- it's taking forever and it says I still have 5 weeks to go...

WHAT I’M WEARING

I've been loving the cooler weather and bundling up in cozy sweaters! I found a really comfortable sherpa sweater at Costco of all places last year, but I also have this one from Amazon that is super warm and cozy!


Speaking of cozy, this isn't something to wear, but we love to cozy up in the winter with the Eddie Bauer Cabin Fleece Blanket. We've gotten a couple throughout the years in the Queen size so we can even use it on our bed, but it's the perfect, softest blanket for the winter!

WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND

Hubby unfortunately has to work this weekend, but I will be taking the kiddos out Trick-or-Treating for a bit on Sunday evening. They're still young, so we probably won't be out for very long. Thankfully, they both chose costumes we already had, so that's a plus for our monthly budget 😂

WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH

I always love Thanksgiving because it is the start of the holiday season! (although I usually put up my Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving...) My son also turns 6 next month, which is absolutely crazy how fast that's gone! 

WHAT ELSE IS NEW

That's about it for now! Hopefully I can get more consistent with blogging on a regular schedule, but for sure come back on Tuesday to see the continuation of our 2018 Disneyland trip! Thanks, friends, for following along!

Comments

  1. I want another Sherpa sweater! I bought one last year and wore it almost every day. And we need a new suitcase. The one we use the most has a broken zipper :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore mine today for the first time and my kids were both obsessed with how soft it was :) And that's a bummer :/ nothing worse than a broken zipper. Hopefully you find something that works well for you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts