June Favorites



Hi Friends! I'm linking up today with Andrea and Erika to share some of my favorites from June! (A couple weeks late, but oh well!) Can you believe that it's already mid-July?? I say it every month, but this year is going by so fast! One main reason I wanted to start blogging again, just so I can look back on these everyday memories! Alright, let's get on into it and stop with the overuse of exclamation points... 😉


~ One ~

My son has been asking to have a party each season for the past year or so (winter party, spring party, summer party, etc.). My husband and I finally decided to make definite plans with him and plan a fun summer party for him and some of his friends from daycare. We had seen this bounce house at Sam's Club beforehand and decided to make the purchase (for only $180, how can you go wrong!). It was the hit of the party! Both my kids were running and jumping pretty much the whole time and they definitely slept hard after that! Unfortunately, it's almost never in stock at Sam's; I did find it on Amazon (but it's about double the price- we should have bought more and flipped them!), but this is definitely a purchase we don't regret!



~ Two ~


I've been trying to loose my baby weight from my daughter since she was born, but now that we've finally finished nursing (which those feelings could be a whole blog post in itself), I'm hoping to finally come down from this plateau I've been stuck at for awhile. I discovered this product in June, and I've been loving adding it to morning smoothies! I can eat fruits all day, but I struggle with vegetables, so I decided to give this a try. I add one scoop of this along with either a banana or some frozen strawberries, and one container of either vanilla or chocolate Premier Protein. I don't think this has too much of an earthy taste at all and it does a pretty good job of keeping me full until lunch. (and it's only 3 points on WW blue plan) Let me know if anyone's interested in a what I eat in a day post/video. I always love watching those to get some new food inspiration.


~ Three ~

It has been HOT to say the least this past month in the midwest. Normally, we'd be having low 80's and would be able to keep our windows open most of the month. Not the case lately. But we've been trying to make the most of it when we can and set up our backyard for ultimate fun and relaxation ;) We set up the kids pool, the hammock, umbrellas and tarps, and we are ready to enjoy the summer!


Our yard definitely has changed from my fashion blogger days. Wouldn't change it for anything :)






We bought this umbrella from Sam's or Costco and so far it was a great purchase! You can either have it up, like this, or leaned down on the ground to look more like a tent. It's been great keeping the sun off the kids when they are using the pool! We also brought it on a recent trip to Door County and used it on the beach and it was a big help to have a shady spot in the sun!



My son caught me in mid-rest 😂


~ Four ~

My son started soccer last month and it's the cutest thing ever! It's for 4 and 5-year-olds, so its super casual, but it's been fun watching him kick the ball around! My daughter has fun digging in the dirt there, too, so its a win-win for all ;)




She is easily entertained :)



That week's activity was picking dandelions!


He had a turn at goalie! But of course they never made it down his way with the ball 😂


Thank you for following along with a little bit of our lives in June! And thank you to everyone who is following along as I return to blogging! I really appreciate each and every one of you :) Make sure you stay tuned as I have some more fun content coming your way in the form of a new travel series I'm starting next week!


~Maria~




Comments

  1. Good to know about those greens. I'm so bad at getting veggies in and I'm really trying to be healthier and lose some weight, so I might need to look into that. I find that so many things just taste "ugh" in smoothies.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't understand why eating veggies is so hard! If they tasted like chips, I think I'd be all set... lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts