What's Up Wednesday: November

Can you believe its already the end of November?? I say it every month, but the time is just flying! I am linking up again with Shay and Sheaffer to share what's been happening with us the past month!


WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! One of my favorite holidays :) We are going to my parents this year and we will have the usual suspects- turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. We will be bringing dessert this year- I'm going to bring a traditional pumpkin pie, then I'm also going to make a pumpkin dump cake. I've made different versions of this a few times in the past, but it's a yummy spin on a traditional pumpkin dessert!


WHAT I’M REMINISCING ABOUT




I've been sharing some family trips in my Travel Tuesday blog series- I just finished up sharing about our 2018 Disneyland trip yesterday and I'm going to start sharing our trip down to Omaha, Nebraska in a couple weeks! Please make sure to check them out if you like reading about traveling with kids! :)


 WHAT I’M LOVING


I tried Starbucks' new holiday drink, the Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte- it was so good! I hope they keep it around from year to year :) Let me know if you've tried it what you think! Or what your favorite Starbucks Holiday drink is!


WHAT WE’VE BEEN UP TO


This isn't the best picture, but we put up a bird feeder in our front yard a couple weeks ago and it's been so fun to see all the birds that come feed! We have a male and female cardinal that come by to eat every day :) We put it in front so we can see it from the kitchen table and it makes meals much more entertaining!

We also watched Cinderella for the first time with the kids the other week and my daughter loved it! She keeps saying it is her favorite :)


WHAT I’M DREADING

Just the cold weather!


WHAT I’M WORKING ON

Staying healthy 🙃 Haha and chopping away on our Christmas gifts! 


WHAT I’M EXCITED ABOUT

My son and I both have birthdays in the next 2 weeks! He is on November 30th at mine is on December 8th. I'm excited for all the celebrating coming up!


WHAT I’M WATCHING/READING

I haven't started reading it yet, but I bought the devotional "The Advent of Christ" to read during Advent. They're short readings every day of Advent, but I wanted to do something more this year to bring myself closer to Christ and his coming at Christmas! Let me know if you decide to read it too!


WHAT I’M LISTENING TO

I just finished listening to the book "Boundaries" by Dr. Henry Cloud. I heard about it through listening to the Dave Ramsey podcast, but I HIGHLY recommend it. It talks about a Biblical approach to setting boundaries in your life. Even if you don't think you have boundary problems, I'm sure you could pick up some helpful information from it!


WHAT I’M WEARING

My Christmas shirts have been out in full force for a few weeks now :) My very favorite one is my Disneyland Spirit Jersey I got on our trip back in 2018!


WHAT I’M DOING THIS WEEKEND

It's a work weekend for my hubby so my kids and I will be chilling at home this weekend. We haven't done the big Black Friday shopping in several years, but there are a few things I have my eye on to see if they'll go on sale. 

I am in DESPERATE need of a new phone. I have an iPhone 6s and it's been struggling lately. I think I've decided on the iPhone 13 pro and I'm hoping I will see some kind of deal for Black Friday. We have the money saved up but I struggle spending that kind of money on a phone! Is anyone else like me? 🙃 

I also saw this cozy looking sweatshirt from Aerie that I've heard good reviews on. I'm also hoping it goes on sale because I'm not keen on spending $60 for a sweatshirt 😂 haha I'm cheap.

I've shared this magnesium lotion before on my blog, but I'm hoping it will go on sale this weekend so I can stock up a bit! It REALLY helps with my restless legs!


WHAT I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH

Christmas, of course! I'm actually most excited to give gifts to my kids! My daughter has been wanting her own backpack like big brother and we picked out this butterfly one for her :) I hope she loves it! (She actually has a hook in our mudroom all picked out to hang her backpack on! 😍)

My son has been collecting all the Jurassic World Lego sets with his allowance money (he's only 6!) and we got him this set to add to his collection. He loves Legos so much and its so fun to see how creative he can get with them! His teacher even complemented on his creations too! 


WHAT ELSE IS NEW

I've had a big non-scale victory the last couple weeks of my weight loss- I'm able to wear my wedding ring again more regularly! I gained quite a bit of weight when I was pregnant with my daughter a few years ago and my ring actually hasn't fit me since May of 2019... but I didn't want to get it resized because I knew I could eventually loose the weight. Even though it's taken awhile, I'm very happy with myself for sticking to it! :)


I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! 





The links to Amazon products are my affiliate links- it doesn't cost you any more to purchase through these links, but I do get a small kick back from them. Thank you for your support of my blog!

Comments

  1. I'm belatedly catching up on my What's Up Wednesday posts. I just emailed my mom about the magnesium lotion because she suffers badly from restless leg syndrome. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts