Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 6 & 7

Hi friends! Welcome back to my final installment of our 2018 trip to Disneyland! If you missed the previous installments of our trip, you can find them here:

Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 1

Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 2

Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 3

Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 4

Travel Tuesday: Throwback 2018 Disneyland Trip, Day 5


Friday, November 9, 2018: Day Six

I was the most excited for this day because it was the official start of Christmas in the parks! Disneyland opened at 8:00 am, so another pretty early morning. We got a lot of rides done right away- Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Nemo's Submarine ride, the Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean. 




I think we also tried to ride Small World (which opened this day with their holiday overlay) but it broke down before we checked in with our Fast Pass, so we decided to try for later in the day. I think we also tried to ride Peter Pan too, but it broke down while we were in line, so we didn't have much luck there.


We did a bit of shopping (I got the Christmas Pluto popcorn bucket!), saw the Dapper Dans, then had lunch at Carnation Café. It was delicious! We had fried pickles for a starter, then I think I got the chicken fried chicken for my meal. So good!






This was his favorite meal of the whole trip- fruit, yogurt, and a muffin! haha

After lunch we were able to get another Fast Pass for Small World and it was back up and running, so we were able to ride that. It was very cute!



After riding that, it was time for a quick nap back at the hotel. One reason I love Disneyland is that everything is so close together; you can easily walk back to your hotel for a quick nap and be back a couple hours later- you don't have to worry about waiting for a bus, commute time, etc.

All too soon, we were back to the park and started with the show Mickey and the Magical Map, which was very fun! We walked around Toontown a little after that, then saw the lighting of Small World. It was beautiful! (They do a lighting show every 30 minutes, so it is an easy thing to see throughout the night.)




Then we got seats for the Christmas Fantasy parade. I think we found a seat at least half an hour before right in front of the bathrooms across from Matterhorn. They were great seats!

Right after that we had a bit of a "celebrity" moment and met some of our favorite Disneyland YouTubers, Justin and Ally! We had been watching his YouTube channel for a couple years before our trip and learned a lot about Disneyland, so it was pretty cool to get to meet them :)

After that we watched the Castle lighting, which was beautiful! I love the castle all decorated for Christmas :)



Haha a terrible selfie!



So beautiful!

Next, we grabbed a quick bite to eat at the Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland. I think we got the usual suspects of burgers and fries, which were good. 

Then my husband and I switched off going on Star Tours while the other took my son on a ride. I think I took him on the Buzz Lightyear ride again. 

I think we next tried to see if we could find a spot for the fireworks (which we were unable to find any open spots) but the show ended up being cancelled anyway because of the strong wind advisory in the area that entire day. So we ended up waiting in line to ride Peter Pan (which they apparently close down when fireworks are happening). That was the last ride of the trip! I think it was after 10:00 pm once we got off the ride; my son fell asleep right away in the stroller, so we just walked around a bit, did a little more shopping, then left the park for the last time on this trip. Always so bittersweet!


The first time he fell asleep in the stroller the entire trip!

Saturday, November 10, 2018: Day Seven

Saturday was our departure day. Our flight home wasn't until mid-afternoon, so we had plenty of time to get up and going. We were planning on going back to Downtown Disney so I could get some coffee and some beignets, but the line just to get through security was almost to the street, so we scratched that idea and ended up going to a Starbucks down the road a bit. Mama needs her coffee ;)


So many people there for the first weekend of Christmas!

We got picked up a few hours before our flight by the shuttle service, then headed off to LAX. I have to tell you, I don't know if it was the concourse we were in or if it's the airport in general, but we are not fans of LAX at all. There were not enough seating by a lot, so we ended up sitting on the floor in a corner waiting for our flight. We got Jersey Mike's for lunch and took turns walking around while we were waiting.




The flight home was alright, although my son hadn't had a nap that day, so he was SUPER crabby until he eventually fell asleep on me. I watched one of my favorite movies on the way home, Back to the Future :)


So sleepy!

My sister-in-law and nephew picked us up when we got home- there was some pretty heavy snowfall happening to welcome us back! Then we picked up Papa Johns for dinner and called it a night!


That's a wrap on our Disneyland trip! I hope you enjoyed following along :) I will be recapping a weekend trip we did this past October to Omaha, Nebraska, so make sure you're following along for that!





Comments

Popular Posts