Budget Babes: Graphic Tee


I'm teaming up with Ada of Elegance & Mommyhood to bring to you our budget-conscious trends for summer! The whole idea is to show you how you can try out all the in-fashion trends without breaking the bank to do so. Each of our pieces this week is $20 or under, with our total outfit price not exceeding $75.

The graphic tee. Something I'm sure you're seeing everywhere lately! You can dress it up or down; something that gives a fun pop to an otherwise plain t-shirt.


Shirt (Old Navy): $6.88
Skirt (Old Navy-Old!): $15 (?)
Wedges (Payless): $5.05
Necklace (gift): $0
Bracelets (Target): $7.50
Earrings (Target): $1 (? came from a set)

Total = $35.43


I don't know why I had such trouble styling this shirt. I originally thought of this outfit, then decided to take pictures wearing jeans and a cardigan. Then I thought, no, I'm a style blogger for heaven's sake, let's get more creative. So I decided to try it with this old skirt from Old Navy (which the full look is coming back around anyway). I added an extra pop with my necklace, oh, and I tried styling it with a cat too...




(but we got her for free so it didn't add to the price of my outfit... haha am I a terrible person now for saying that??)


Also, sorry for looking like I'm a walking zombie. It was almost 10 pm one night and I remembered that I needed to take these pictures now (!) because we left for our trip the next day... All for the love of blogging!


I love how Ada and I styled our graphic tees similarly with a neutral skirt. I think she looks ready to run some errands or chase after her adorable daughter, Vivian!



Now it's your turn to show us your budget graphic tee looks! The link-up is below and will run through the 23rd at midnight CST, so you have plenty of time to link up all of this week's looks. 

We would please ask that you follow both Ada and I on Bloglovin' so you can keep up with each of this week's trends.
Ada: Bloglovin
Maria: Bloglovin

Also, make sure you link back to both of our blogs on your post!



Comments

  1. I like how you pair that graphic t with the skirt. Sometime we have to break out of are comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! We definitely do and most of the time it can be a pleasant surprise :)

      Delete
  2. I usually dress like this when it´s too hot outside! Cute combination although I don´t know which I love more, your pretty necklace or your lovely cat. :)

    http://dressingupforme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! She can definitely be a little stink sometimes (especially in the middle of the night) but she is cute :)

      Delete
  3. Cute tee, I love you've dressed it up here! That is a great necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inge! I think it will end up being a pretty versatile piece!

      Delete
  4. You are so cute!! This is a great tee & like how you styled it! Also, thanks so much for stopping by & following me along on Bloglovin:)
    Marta, xo
    www.sweatersstripesandsweets.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this series. It is nice to remember that we don't have to spend a lot to feel great.

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great and yes the full skirts are definitely in. I love your graphic tee more than mine (lol) and for a second I thought that was a built-in necklace on it. Your cat is a stinker but yeah she is cute. I had to laugh at the "we got her for free" comment.

    As far as my outfit yes indeed I did run errands on a very hot day. But those are shorts not a skirt though it looks like an ill-fitted pencil skirt lol. Love how we both went the neutral bottoms and sandals. =) Thanks so much for saying Vivian is adorable - it made my day when I read it. Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts