Budget Babes: Midi Dress


You should know the drill by now, but just in case you're just joining us this week, I'm teaming up with the sweet Ada of Elegance & Mommyhood to bring to you our budget-conscious trends for summer! The whole idea is to show you how you can try out all the in-fashion trends without breaking the bank to do so. Each of our pieces this week is $20 or under, with our total outfit price not exceeding $75.

Does this dress look familiar?? It is the same aztec maxi skirt I wore here and here! I did this for two reasons. One, because I actually don't own any midi skirts/dresses! I was thinking of the dress I got from eShatki, but I technically ordered it shortened to my knees, so that wouldn't count. Second, I wanted to show you how you can try out trends without actually having to go out and invest in a whole new piece for your wardrobe! Just hike it up a bit, add a belt to create more shape, and you're good to go! Sneaky sneaky ;)


Dress/Skirt (Target): $14.39
Jean Jacket (Old Navy): $35 (?)
Nude Wedges (Payless): $5.05
Belt (off another dress): $0
Necklace (Farmers' Market Stand): $10
Bracelets (Target): $7.50
Earrings (Target): $1

Total = $72.94 (Came close to the $75 this time!)


I don't really have much else to say about this outfit, other than the fact that I've pretty much been wearing these shoes every day this summer! They are super comfortable and pretty much go with anything. Payless for the win!




And how cute does Ada look in her striped skirt? I'm all about stripes lately- tops, dresses, skirts... I love her skirt paired with the teal top and fun necklace. Perfect for a date night!




Now it's your turn to show us your budget midi looks! The link-up is below and will run through the 23rd at midnight CST, so you have plenty of time to link up all of this week's looks. 

We would please ask that you follow both Ada and I on Bloglovin' so you can keep up with each of this week's trends.
Ada: Bloglovin
Maria: Bloglovin

Also, make sure you link back to both of our blogs on your post!


Comments

  1. Love this aztec skirt as a maxi or as a midi. It is lovely. Payless for the win indeed. I love their shoes and own a ton of them.

    Thanks so much for saying such cute things about my outfit but yes I love this one too. I am a sucker for stripes.

    Looking forward to our finale, tomorrow. We got some cute, colorful outfits planned without tooting my own horn. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sneaky, indeed! You styled this perfectly, I would never have known it was a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so cute on you! I love the pattern and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea. You dress is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts