I'm finally sharing one of my favorite recipes with you! I found it on Pinterest over a year ago and it has been one of my favorites ever since! And you can cook it in the crockpot- doesn't get easier!
- 1 onion, chopped (I usually use yellow, but red was all I had)
- 1 16-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cans of corn kernels or 1 package of frozen corn
- 2 14.5-oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2/3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Throw everything in the crockpot (except the chicken) and stir it together.
Put the chicken on top (mine was frozen, but you could used thawed as well) and put the crockpot on low for about 8-10 hours.
About 1/2 hour before you're done cooking, take the chicken out, shred it, and stir it back into your chili.
And there you have it! Delicious chili with minimal effort. We put our chili on top of rice (we used brown this time) and topped with a little sour cream and cheese.