I found this recipe over at Honey We're Healthy and knew it was something I wanted to try. A protein-packed dish that's perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1 lb Jennie O lean ground turkey (mine was actually 20 oz)
- 1 lb 94% lean or higher ground beef
- 1 bag No Yolk egg noodles
- 1 container cream cheese (1/3 less fat)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese (2%)
- 1 package taco seasoning
2. Boil egg noodles for 8 minutes, then drain.
3. Brown the two meats until cooked through and drain off grease. Add the seasoning with a cup of water and let boil until absorbed.
4. Off the heat, add cream cheese and 1/2 cup shredded cheese and stir until mixed in. Add the noodles and stir until combined.
5. Pour into a 9x13 baking dish, top with the remaining shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!