Our Home: Before

Even though it's only November, I'm already starting to think about New Year's resolutions. (That, or I'm too lazy to do these things now, so why not wait until the new year??) One of my main goals is to get my home more organized and put together. I think I'm going to make it into a regular series on my blog just so it helps me stay on track and focused.

So leading up to when this new series will start, I will share with you what our home was like when we first bought it and some different projects we've done so far.

We bought our home a few months before we got married, in January of 2012 (we actually did our first walk-through the day after my birthday the previous month!) Our home was actually only on the market for 4 days when our offer was accepted. Right price and great location! (You go about 4 miles in either direction and hit either his parents or mine!) It's a typical 1950's rambler with an unfinished basement. Here are a few photos of what it looked like the day we closed:



The front door (actually 1 of 2 front doors)



Living Room (I set up that coffee table that night- we got Chinese food and had our first meal on the floor!)



Looking towards the back hallway in the house



Front coat closet in the hallway above




2nd bedroom




Awesome 50's blue bathroom!


Only door to the backyard which is located in the 3rd bedroom/current office


Other side of the office





Master bedroom





Kitchen



Dining area



2nd front door




Unfinished basement


So there you have the beginnings of our house! I will slowly show you some of what we've worked on since then so you get a basis of where I'll be starting from in January!

Comments

Popular Posts