Homemade Egg McMuffins

How many of you like to go to McDonald's for breakfast? I know I do. But the cost and the calories aren't always worth it to me. So what do I do instead? I make my own McMuffin sandwiches! It is a lot cheaper, saves you calories, plus you can make a big batch and freeze them for later! And they are SUPER easy to make, so why wouldn't you try them??



Ingredients
  • English Muffins (I only had white, but you can use wheat for a healthier option!)
  • Eggs (I used the carton of egg whites)
  • Turkey Bacon
  • Cheese slices (I used the thin slices and only used 1/2 a slice per sandwich)

Cook the eggs to your liking (I used a little cooking spray and 'fried' them in a pan), and assemble all the ingredients together to build your sandwich. I individually wrap each of them in plastic wrap and keep them in the freezer until I use them. When I'm ready to eat one, I take it out of the plastic wrap, wrap it in a paper towel, and cook it in the microwave for about 1 minute, or until heated.

McDonald's Egg McMuffin: 290 calories, 12 grams of fat
McDonald's Egg White Delight: 250 calories, 7 grams of fat
Homemade McMuffins: 208 calories, about 5.5 grams of fat



Sharing this at: Saturday Night Fever
Table for Seven

Comments

  1. Such a great idea! They are better for your waistline and budget for sure! Now I want to eat one though haha!
    Valerie
    www.the-style-files.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super good! (But now I have a craving for McDonalds haha!)

      Delete
  2. this is my husband's favorite breakfast -- we have it almost every saturday (and don't even need to get out of the house and brave the cold)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super easy for a quick breakfast! Hubby likes to grab poptarts for a quick breakfast, but likes these too [and they have a better nutritional value :)]

      Delete
  3. What a great breakfast recipe, Maria! I love savory breakfast sandwiches, so this is right up my alley. Thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Night Fever :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts