Ten Minute Chili

I found this recipe online a few months ago. I love trying out all different types of chili, so I thought I'd give it a go on a day when I didn't want to spend too much time cooking. This takes 10 minutes. So in the time you run out to a fast food restaurant to pick something up, you've whipped up a delicious and healthy meal! Can't beat that! Oh, and it only takes 5 ingredients! (actually I used 6, but still, SO EASY!)



Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground meat (I used turkey)
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder (I used a little more than a tablespoon)
  • 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato sauce (8oz)
  • I also used some onion powder to taste, but you can certainly omit it if you like
1. In a dutch oven or large pan, crumble the ground turkey. Add in the chili powder and cook until the meat is no longer pink.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for [5] minutes, or until boiling. (I actually heated it up to boiling and brought it down to a simmer for awhile to get rid of some of the liquids)
3. Serve with sour cream/greek yogurt, cheese, avocado, etc.

Pig and Dac

Comments

  1. Chili us he best, I need to try it with turkey, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always used ground turkey in place of ground beef unless there is a good deal on it. I don't know why but I hardly ever use red meat in my cooking! I can probably count on one hand the times I've made it since we've been married- so whenever I do we always make a joke about it :)

      Delete
  2. I just LOVE chili and I love a quick and simple recipe - I will definitely be trying this on one of these many cold winter days! Thanks so much for sharing on Turn It Up Tuesday! We love having you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts