Weekend Shenanigans

I hope everyone had a good first weekend of the new year! Mine was a good mix of relaxation mixed with things to do.

Friday
I only work 1/2 a day in the mornings on Friday, so after that, I came home, made lunch, and did a Zumba workout on my Wii. Hubby came home and we drove down to Bloomington, had dinner at Chick Fil A, and did a little shopping at the Mall of America. Ok, so I've had this quest for a couple weeks for a black vest. Nothing too puffy, but something thin, but warm for the winter (especially since it's been -15 or so the past couple days for a high!). We literally looked all over on New Year's Day. So I looked at a couple stores at the Mall with no luck. We went over to REI and I found this vest! It's not down filled, but it's thin and super warm! It was more than I usually spend on a piece of clothing, but it's a good investment piece and I've worn it every day since I got it! So I think it's worth it :)

Saturday
My sister-in-law and I signed up at a local fitness studio. They had a holiday special on punch cards, so we did our first Zumba class yesterday! It was a lot of fun- didn't even feel like a workout! I did some grocery shopping later that day, some cleaning, then we had our neighbors over for drinks and chatting.

Sunday



Weekend Highlights

Comments

  1. I love Zumba! I've always done it in one of those classes at the 24 Hour Fitness gym. How is Zumba on the Wii? I think I'd prefer going to the gym though. There's just something about working out with an instructor and a group of women. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like Zumba on the Wii! You have to wear a belt around your waist with the remote in it, which can tend to slide around. Actually though, I thought the class I went to was easier than my game! It was still challenging, but it was more fun with other people and made the time go by faster!

      Delete
  2. Zumba is the business! haha Sunday is always the day of relaxation.....sometimes it's my only day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been trying hard lately to keep Sundays as our 'free' days- try to get everything done during the week so we have one day to relax!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts