Here was my list to do for the master bedroom and what I actually got done:
4. Put a colorful sheet on the box spring so it doesn't look just like a box spring
6. Find and hang small mirrors for either side of the bed
7. Hang more pictures/artwork on the walls
8. Clear out the clutter!!
9. Find a basket to put next to the bed for magazines
10. Reorganize nightstand
4 out of 10. Not bad, but I know I could have done a lot more. Here is what the room looked to begin with:
Also, I apparently suck at taking pictures. I have some documentation of this list I completed, but I guess you're going to have to imagine the rest. (I really need to be a better blogger!)
Here is my closet before. You can see all the shoes and clothes and stuff piled in there:
And, of course, I forgot to take an after picture. But look at all the clothes I'm getting rid of! It feels so good to just purge through everything and just keep the pieces I know I wear regularly. (Does anyone remember those sexy, shape-ups shoes shown at the bottom of this picture?? I don't think they even really worked...) I separated them into 3 piles: things I want to try to sell, things I'm going to have my younger sister look through, and a Goodwill pile. Now I just have to get off my lazy butt and actually bring them to these places...
Here you can see the mirror we hung on our wall. And by we, I mean my handy hubby ;) The wood matches our bedroom furniture set, but I'm still not sure how it looks with all the white trim around the room. We will see if that gets changed.
The only picture of the duvet and new curtains I took was on my phone, so you'll have to forgive the crappy quality. But I do love the colors and pattern the duvet brings to the room! The white curtains brighten up the room a ton too!
Here is the master list of things I want to do to the house this year. Some of them won't make sense because I don't have pictures of the spaces, but I promise I'll try harder to document all of this!
2. Organize under the sink, cupboard on the wall, and drawers
3. Get new hardware for the sink and tub
1. Hang pictures on the walls
2. Reorganize the linen and main closets
3. Remove random door (the one I used to take outfit pictures in front of)
4. Find a small accent table for under the mirror in our main entry
1. Find a buffet table
2. Organize and clean off counter tops
3. Reorganize cupboards
4. Reorganize pantry
5. Clean out fridge and find a better method of organizing
1. Refinish buffet table
2. Find matching covers for the couch and love seat
3. Make new pillow covers
4. Paint the fireplace white
5. Refinish piano stool
6. New shade for lamp and spray paint base
7. Frame wedding painting
8. Curtains for the windows
1. Find a rug for the room
2. Get curtains for window
3. Chair for the desk
4. Organize top of desk
5. Organize desk drawers
6. Organize file cabinets
7. Organize closet
8. Make coat rack for back door
2. Make coat rack/bench
3. Refinish stairs into basement
1. Get larger storage for DVD collection (we have a ton!!)
2. Organize closet
3. Curtains for windows
4. Organize and purge junk!
We also hope to start finishing off our basement too this year (it is unfinished). This is quite a list! But some of these projects are smaller, so they won't take up too much time. We will see what I get done this year! I plan on doing a month-end recap to keep myself accountable of my progress :) Wish me luck!